Wednesday, June 2, 2010

London Withdrawals


It was always a dream of mine to one day visit London. Last August that dream became reality when I went there for two weeks to train for my new position at work. What an experience - seeing firsthand those iconic structures I have only seen on television, in movies and books. I had trouble putting my camera down and living in the moment. I was so afraid I would miss an opportunity for the "perfect" picture. So what if I ended up with 23 pictures of Big Ben and 37 pictures of Tower Bridge? I was in my glory... there was no stopping me!

Well, it has now been almost a year since my London voyage and last night the withdrawal pains began. All because of one movie - Sherlock Holmes. Pathetic, I know. Why I cannot even watch a movie which just so happens to take place in my London London without feeling a little forlorn is beyond me. You would think I would be satisfied with having the opportunity I had... to go even once. You would think...

No comments:

Post a Comment